Monday, March 22, 2010

I'm not sure how long I'll love the Pioneer Woman




I love cookbooks. There was one this summer that caught my eye.






I have made LOTS of things from this book. Our favorite is:




This has got to be the BEST chocolate cake ever. Madame R & I ate it right out of the pan in our JAMMIES.





PW has not led me astray. I've made her chicken pot pie, her mexican chicken, and so many pies I can't even count them all.


Shall I tell you that when I got married 17 1/2 years ago that I couldn't even make mashed potatoes?


PW has been the answer to some of my prayers. And I love her. I dream about her ranch. I read her site SEVERAL times a day.


Am I a stalker you ask? Maybe. She's my dream woman. Don't tell my husband. I may pack up one day and head to the ranch.


I've been trying in vain to win a Kitchen Aid mixer. She gives them away regularly on the Tasty Kitchen website. In case you are unawares:



Isn't it beautiful? If I had my druthers I'd have yellow. She gives away a lot of red ones. Red is nice.
My friends think I'm nuts. They don't understand what would be so lovely about a stand mixer.
I think I'll keep loving the Pioneer Woman. For now. I think it depends how many contests I'm denied.
If you don't know who I'm talking about - her she is. Be careful though. She's addicting.

No comments:

Post a Comment