Thursday, September 9, 2010

Do you love them "differently"?

I have 6 kids.
Is that shocking?
Probably not considering that's all I ever talk about.
I can honestly say I love them each differently.

I don't love them all the same.
Sometimes I don't love them equally.
Sometimes they're teenagers and I feel rage.
Sometimes I don't like them.
But I do always love them.

















This is the one.
This is the one we earned.
This is the one that made the HARD work in our 20's worth every minute.
This one is FABULOUS.
If you don't believe me just ask her.

This was tough.
Sometimes it was harder than I ever could have imagined it would be.
Sometimes it still is.
I'm always glad I was 22.


There aren't many pictures of this one.
She doesn't like it.
She's painfully shy and has little to say to anyone.
I love her for her quietness sometimes.
I love her always for her ability to observe and catch everything.























This is the biggest baby.
I don't care who you are, I believe you love your 1st unlike all the rest.
I'm sad and I'm proud.
She's 18 and a young adult.
I'd be lying if I told you I didn't have moments when I wondered if we'd ever get here.
I need to learn to let go of this one.
I need to trust that she's going to be ok. I need to trust...

















These 3?
These 3 are my heart.
I have learned things from these 3 that I will NEVER learn from a "singleton".
Not many get the opportunity to parent triplets.
We've survived a lot together.
Their strength amazes me.
There is nothing to let go of here because they left the day they were born.
They are amazing.
They are beautiful.
They are independent.
Much as I may hate it they will all be fine with or without me.
They have a bond that most of us will never in our lifetimes experience.
They are lucky.

It leads me back to this one.
This one will never leave me.
This one I earned.
This one is loud and obnoxious and quite possibly my favorite on any given day.
This one makes me laugh out loud EVERY SINGLE DAY.
I'm a better parent with this one.
Only in thanks to the ones that came before.
I was ready for this one.
I was old enough to have this one.

I am lucky...

No comments:

Post a Comment