Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Pancake Palooza!

Somehow I'm always up early.

After always being up late...

So I had a mission this morning.

Pancake Palooza!







My kids LOVE peanut butter on pancakes.

ACK!

I like mine OOZING with melted butter.

Nothing else...

Just butter.

But these were for the judges and not for me.














So I started with Sunni Anderson's PB & J Pancakes.

I ended up adding about a cup and a 1/4 of milk.

The batter was really thick.

I would also cut back on the salt a bit.

These were the hands down favorite.

Especially after chocolate chips were added to them...





I also made chocolate chip pancakes.

I chose a base recipe from the Food Network site that sounded like it would be easy and accommodate ANY additions to it.

Chocolate chip pancake base

These were very good too.

We added milk chocolate chips to the pancakes.

Why milk chocolate? Because that is what Husband brought. We consider ourselves lucky considering he's allergic to grocery stores. He did good.





Then I got creative and made blueberry pancakes.

We don't tend to have fruit in this house.

The base for them was Pioneer Woman's Sour Cream Pancakes.

We just need to take a moment and offer up a silent homage to this woman.
^
^
^
^
Edna Mae's Sour Cream Pancakes

So we ended up with Blueberry Sour Cream Pancakes which were eaten but not as well as things with peanut butter and chocolate.

Please remember we do not have fruit and veggies in this house.

Unless it's onions and garlic...




The aftermath of Pancake Palooza...

Next Pancake Palooza will include Red Velvet and a Smores variety. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment